1. DATA PROTECTION BCS PRACTITIONER QUALIFICATION: The next standard DP courses are in London (starts 20 January 2015) and in Leeds (starts 22 April); the next intensive DP courses are in Edinburgh (starts 9th March 2015) and London (starts 28th April)
2. NEW DATA PROTECTION BCS FOUNDATION QUALIFICATION: we are delivering the new BCS Foundation Course in Data Protection syllabus in London (16, 17 and 18 March). This 3 day course is intended to ensure that the team that supports the data protection function know the relevant details from the Act (e.g. PECR, data sharing, Human resources, Principles, subject access, marketing). The course provides excellent value for money if held on-site training your support staff and can be a staging post to full Practitioner Certificate.
3. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION PRACTITIONER QUALIFICATION: Our next intensive FOI course is being held in Leeds (starts 23 February 2015) and in London (starts 19 May)
4. PRIVACY IMPACT ASSESSMENTS and DP AUDIT: these all-day courses are held in London on PIA (23 March) and on DP Audit (24 March).
5. DATA PROTECTION REGULATION: a half day course is being held in London on 30 March (afternoon) focusing in the latest DPAIX leaks and the likely/possible changes from the current DP Act.
6. DATA PROTECTION UPDATE: our half yearly all-day update on topical data protection issues (e.g. legal precedent, enforcement. etc) in London on 11 May.
7 INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES BCS CISMP QUALIFICATION: Understanding the principles underpinning ISO27000, HMG Security Framework and the Local Government Data Handling Guidelines (starts in London on 29th June). Ideal for data protection officers who want to take on security responsibilities.